Several days ago I was watching Oprah and she challenged people to not spend any money for one day, to not eat out for one week, and to not use any credit cards for one month. When I told my daughter this, she said, "That's impossible. You would have to turn off the electricity. And you would have to cancel cable, cell phones, and all other phone services." I guess she's right since we pay for every single day we use our phones, tv's, etc. I can just imagine what Verizon or Bell South would say if I called up and asked them to give me a free day of service. Anyway, I decided I would challenge myself to one day without the computer and if that worked, I might try a week...well, maybe two or three days. By 4 pm I was actually pacing the floors. I wanted, no NEEDED, my computer time! So, here I am and this is what I'm doing - entering a few giveaways! These are the ones I'm entering this afternoon:
* Sweet Savings is giving away a $15 GC to Starbucks. I love gift certificates and I love Starbucks. Perfect giveaway!
* Rockin Mama is rockin away with another spring cleaning giveaway. This time it's something I know I could really, really use...just ask my family! It's a Steamboy steam floor mop! I think steam cleaning is the way to go when mopping any floor. No harsh chemicals plus super cleaning ability! I know my kids sit on the floor and my dogs are always under my feet in the kitchen. I don't like the idea of harsh cleaning chemicals coming into contact with the kids or the pets. This is the mop for me! Thanks Rockin Mama!
* Mommy Goggles is also hosting spring cleaning giveaways. These gals make me want to get out my scrubbing and scraping supplies and get to work! Ok, that was a lie, but this is the truth- I really could use a Steamboy T1 Steam Floor Mop. And lucky for me that's just what Mommy Goggles is giving away! Nice, huh!
* Here's a giveaway that is healthy and fun: Yoplait yogurt. To be exact, the giveaway is for YoPlus, a water bottle, a notepad, and an insulated bag. Life Starring Ellie and Eve is hosting this yummy giveaway and all you need to do is leave a comment to enter. There are little things to do for extra entries, but I'm sure you've tweeted or subscribed or followed or stumbled before. Easy Peasy. Check out the other giveaways on this fun blog too. It's a blog written by one cool momma with a lot to say!
* Soccer Mom Says is hosting a giveaway for a $25 GC to Ecostore USA. This company specializes in cleaning products that are healthy for people and the environment. I'm not an environmentalist or a tree hugger, but I do believe in doing what we can to keep this planet up and running. The Lord gave us so much to be thankful for, and we shouldn't trash it! Plus, I hate harsh, harmful chemicals. Thanks Soccer Mom Says...
* This giveaway is for something I've wanted for a long time - a messenger bag! And it's a beauty from a company named Casuari. Go check out their gorgeous, functional bags and I'm sure you're gonna want one as much as I do! Sandier Pastures (love that name) is hosting this generous giveaway. This blog is new to me, and I can't wait to start exploring. It looks interesting, and when I finish this I intend to read one of the posts - "Watch out for Camels!" Doesn't that title make your curious?
* Seeryus Mama is hosting a giveaway for a product that I am very fond of because I own one and I love it! It's the Tucker Bag reuseable shopping bag. Let me tell you, these bags are wonderful. They hold 35 lbs. and have an extra pocket on the front. The company has over 25 designs, so there's something for every taste. I bought one and my daughter stole it when she was home from college one weekend. Then I won a set of three and my daughter took two of those! She filled them with goodies from the pantry and away she went. So I have one left but I need more. I really do! Why? Because our town just opened its first ALDI grocery store this week, and everyone bags their own groceries! I had my one Tucker Bag and it held plenty, but I could have used another one. Thanks Serryus Mama, my fingers are crossed.
* You know I love gift certificates, so when I saw Living As Mom was giving away a $10 gift certificate, I was oh so happy! The gift card will be from CVS, Publix, Walmart, Kroger, or Target! A winner will be selected on Sunday March 29th. After you enter, look around Living As Mom's blog. This blog is a treasure trove of money saving tips and advice!