Thursday, March 29, 2007

I thought this was kind of interesting.


"At the end of Gore’s movie, “An Inconvenient Truth,” viewers are asked, “Are you ready to change the way you live”? Following this line of thinking, the movie’s web site suggests many ways that you can “reduce your impact at home,” including using less heating and air conditioning, buying expensive fluorescent light bulbs, using less hot water, using a clothesline rather than a dryer, carpooling, flying less and buying cost-inefficient hybrid cars.

Given that Gore calls the fight against global warming a “moral imperative” in the movie, you might reasonably think that he practices what his movie’s web site preaches. But you’d be wrong.

In the wake of the movie winning an Oscar last month, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research reported that Gore’s Nashville mansion consumed more than 20 times the electricity than the national average. Last August, the Gore mansion burned more than twice the electricity in a single month as the average American family uses in an entire year. Gore’s heated pool house alone uses more than $500 in electricity every month."

WOW! Twice the electricity in one month that the average family uses in one year!
I guess that explains why Gore asks are "YOU ready to change the way YOU live" instead of "are WE ready to change the way WE live."

3 comments:

Moobear said...

Hi Teresa!!
I did not know you were back to blogging until I saw your comment over at Sallys!!I wondered, "is this my Teresa?" lol.. I am so happy you are back with us. So sorry about your Dad being sick now too. Also your daughter. Hon, hang in there.
Blogging maybe will help you keep your mind off of things, that was one of the reasons I started blogging. It has now gotten tho that many days I am just not up to thinking well enough to blog. You are and have been one of my first commenters and a faithful one, I appreciate you so much. NOW I am looking forward to having another friends blog to read. God Bless you hon and you and your family will be in my prayers.

Claudia

L. said...

Hi Teresa...You have been tagged with a music meme!
Please post 7 songs that are either your favorites, or meaningful...or that you are listening to now....and then tag 7 others to do the same!
Thanks...
Grammie

dot said...

I also just discovered you were blogging again and what a nice surprise! So sorry about the illness in your family.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com Grab Bag Reviews The Mud Bug
Seeryus Mama - Seriously.  You can't get enough!
Grab this button
Piece of Me
Sweeps4Bloggers
Everything Up Close

Bargains and Giveaways


My Organized Chaos

Coupons Freebies Deals
Mom Blogs


Photobucket Mommy Goggles
Simply Stacie
A Giveaway Addicted Mommy
Ultimate Blog Party 2009